When you’re shopping for an e-learning authoring tool, you need something that is comprehensive, easy to use and affordable. We recommend using Adobe Captivate. It’s a professional program from a well-established company that will help you create a mobile, user-friendly and immersive online course.
What is Adobe Captivate?
Adobe Captivate is an e-learning authoring tool that is marketed on the fact that you can create an online-ready course within minutes. Its interface is designed specifically for you to be able to just plug content in (like slides and videos), and the program will instantly format it into an e-learning course. Adobe Captivate is the perfect tool for educators, who are often working against tight deadlines and adapting their lessons to new regulations.
Benefits And Features
Adobe Captivate has a comprehensive list of features that make it easy to use and enable a quick turnaround time for course creation.
- Plug your content, like photos and text, into ready-to-use slides, and see a professional-looking course come to life within minutes.
- Convert your existing PowerPoint presentations into visually appealing videos, and add interactive features to them such as pauses for knowledge check questions.
- Create Virtual Reality walkthrough simulations so you can teach students about the environments they’re learning about through distance courses. They can tour virtual workshops or real life situations like crisis responses. This is a great tool to give e-learning students as close to an interactive experience as possible in their chosen field of study.
- Screencast and Application Simulation allow you to record yourself over course content and teach in real time.
- Create branched courses like multi-stage quizzes without having to get into the nitty gritty of programming.
- Design fun interactive quizzes with your courses for your students, such as drag-and-drop, click-and-reveal and click-responsive slides. Once again, you don’t need to be a programming expert. Adobe Captivate just lets you drag and drop most of your images and text so you can render interactive content as quick as a flash.
What You Can Use It For
The applications for Adobe Captivate are endless. Not only can you create interactive courses which can be accessed on mobile devices or the computer, you can use this program to create trainings for work, professional presentations for your colleagues, or even freelance for other educators. You can become an Adobe Certified Professional in Adobe Captivate through the company’s website. You can also enroll in their online courses to learn every minute feature and application in this tool.
There is no shortage of resources you can access to learn how to use Adobe Captivate. When you are an expert, there is no limit to the types of content you can create with it.
Adobe offers multiple subscription tiers for Adobe Captivate based on whether it will be used by an individual, a group of people or across the board in a full-fledged company or organization.
- Individual Subscription – $33.99/month
This subscription will give you access to all of Adobe Captivate’s features and allow you to use it for personal as well as professional purposes.
- Perpetual License – one time payment of $1299.00
This option allows you to make a one time payment and have lifetime access to Adobe Captivate.
- Student and Teacher Edition – one time payment of $399.00
If you are a student or a teacher and need to purchase Adobe Captivate, you can get a significant discount by purchasing the Student and Teacher edition of the program.
- Upgrade Price – one time payment of $499.00
This option is useful if you already have Adobe Captivate and need to upgrade your license. For example, if you want to upgrade to an Enterprise license so your entire company or organization can have access to the program, you need to pay the Upgrade fee.
- Access to a wide array of course creation tools optimized for mobile interactions
- Easy drag-and-drop interface
- Professional-looking results
- Different access subscription plans to fit your needs
- Plenty of resources offered directly by Adobe to help you learn how to use the program
- Learning curve because of how many tools and features there
- One time Perpetual License payment is expensive
Investigate These Resources